Memorandum to Counsel: Velda City Municipal Court Procedures
Our Municipal Court cases are available through Case.net at https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do
Entry of appearance and requests for recommendations are only done through the mail or in person. FAXES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
You must appear or mail entry of appearance to:
Velda City Municipal Court
2560 Lucas and Hunt Rd.
Velda City, MO 63121
Written requests for recommendations must include:
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope
- Defendant’s name, summons number(s), court date, and charge(s)
- Original proof of insurance, proof of driver’s license reinstatement or registration of vehicle must be provided at time entry or during the payment of the recommendation.
- Proof of insurance coverage and/or restitution for any accident
- In the event an entry is received without the required documentation, it will be noted on the file but no recommendation will be issued and counsel must appear on the schedule court date to receive a recommendation.
- Requests for discovery and /or police report – Copies of police reports or other documents may be picked up in person or will be made available upon written request to the court clerk. The request must include at 9×12 self-addressed, properly stamped envelope. Such requests may be included with the entry of appearance.
- Appearances – The recommendation will note if an appearance is required, otherwise recommendations may be accepted by the attorney and client signing the green recommendation form and returning with payment in full by the date and time given.
- Counsel will receive a written recommendation from the prosecutor by mail. The Court must receive the recommendation form signed by the attorney and the defendant before the court date for payment.
- It is counsel’s responsibility to notify the defendant of this order. All payments are due in full by 3:00 p.m. on the day of court. If the defendant is unable to pay in full, they must appear in court on their court date to establish a payment agreement with the Judge.
- Rescission of Recommendation – The recommendation has not been accepted until all fines and costs are paid. If the defendant fails to pay all fines and costs by the due date or fails to appear in court to establish a payment agreement, the recommendation will be rescinded and the defendant will be charged with the original violation.
Warrant Recalls or Motion to Set Aside Guilty Plea
- All motions must be made in writing and filed in person or by mail and must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. If your client is in custody, please contact the court for further instruction.
- Office Hours – The Court Clerk’s office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
- Court is in session every first and third Wednesday of the month beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Please note that some recommendations are now payable online with credit card or debit. Incorrect or partial payments will be rejected with no continuance of court case given.