The City of Velda City is looking for a qualified COURT CLERK. This position is full time with benefits. Starting pay is $15 hour with an increase after probationary period. This position requires good communication and computer skills, along with passing a thorough background check. The Court Clerk reports to the Municipal Judge.
Court Clerk job duties and tasks (not all listed):
1. Prepare dockets or calendars of cases to be called, including judges calendar.
2. Record case dispositions, court orders, and arrangements made for payment of fees.
3. Answer inquiries from the public regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, adjournments, warrants, summonses, subpoenas, fees, and payment of fines.
4. Prepare and issue orders of the court.
5. Prepare documents recording the outcomes of court proceedings.
6. Instruct parties about timing of court appearances.
7. Explain procedures or forms to parties.
8. Organize and maintains court files, contact witnesses, attorneys, and litigants.
9. Trains new employees as needed.
10. Routinely performs audits of all court documents/procedures to remain in compliance with current rules/laws.
Court Clerk Requirements:
1. Must have at least a high school diploma. College Associates Degree preferred.
2. Must be able to type at least 40-60 words per minute with minimal errors.
3. Must be proficient in math.
4. Must be able to use a computer (including Microsoft Office software), telephone, and calculator.
5. Must be certified in IMDS Plus (REJIS Court software). REQUIRED, NO EXCEPTIONS
6. Must have at least 3 years of municipal court clerk experience. REQUIRED, NO EXCEPTIONS
7. Must be able to read and interpret documents to include the ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English using proper grammar.
8. Be able to travel for training/seminars, etc., which may require overnight stay out of town at times.
9. No felony convictions of any kind. No Class A or B Misdemeanor convictions in at least 15 years. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. No convictions involving theft, fraud, or any other financial related matter. Must pass a drug test.
Benefits: City provided health/dental/Vision insurance at reduced cost. 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service. Five paid sick days per year. Employee contributed 401k offered.
For consideration, please fill out the attached application, along with your resume. Resumes alone will not suffice. No application will be accepted after May 19, 2017. Interviews will start May 22, 2017 and final decision to be made by May 26, 2017. The anticipated start date will be June 5, 2017.
VELDA CITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER